Well Kim and CJ are back from their 5 month vacation in SE Asia. It was a great trip.
They went to Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and to Hawaii (for Christmas).
Some of the highlights of the trip were:
- the Gili Islands of Lombok, Indonesia
- walking on the equator near Bonjol, Indonesia and the bus trip to get there
- the Singapore zoo
- the Cameron Highlands of central Malaysia and Father's Guesthouse.
- Halloween in Malaysia with 30 other traveler's from countries all countries
- rock climbing and kayaking by Railay Beach, southern Thailand
- the sights and sounds of Bangkok and Khao San road
- the Thai cooking course in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand
- Kim passing out at the Thai/Laos border
- the speed boat ride down the Mekong river to Luang Prabang, Laos
- all the crazy and long bus rides in Laos and Vietnam
- the herb sauna and massage by monks in Vientianne, Laos
- Cat Ba Island, northern Vietnam
- Hanoi and Saigon and all the interesting war museums and the people
- Vietnamese coffee and spring rolls!!!
- 24 hour train rides on rock hard benches
- the Killing Fields of Cambodia and the prisons
- Angkor Wat and all the temples
- and again..all the buses, trains, planes, boats, tuk-tuks, paths, alleys, longtails, taxis and every other mode of transportation that took us around. It wasn't fun at the time but we can laugh about it now!